Welcome Friends!

Welcome dear friends! Now we'll enjoy a healthy and colorful adventure in the tea world!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Keep driving, there will always be a way

This is an old proverb from China. The meaning is that when you are driving, throw away unnecessary concerns about the exit, because you'll always find a way when you arrive at the foot of the mountain. This proverb has inspired me a lot over the past several years.

On Oct 28th, 2010, I got the shocking news that the GRE test scores of all Chinese students were cancelled that year. The moment I heard that, my tears poured down. Like many others, I had locked myself in my room for one year preparing for the rigorous exam, ignoring my friends and giving up any entertainment. I paid so much to know my effort was totally in vain. What was worse, there was no time enough for me to take GRE test again.

I was depressed and despaired. But I still forced myself to hand in all my application materials to the NYU admission office, hoping that a GRE test would not influence that much. Then in the next half year I began my tough time waiting for a notification, struggling between insisting and abandon. On the last day of April, I was about to give up when I suddenly got the admission letter from NYU.

Through the surviving, I felt like reborn. I reviewed myself a lot and found out that I used to be too utilitarian, and wanted a result from every little effort I made. I used to be worried that any small mistake will ruin my whole plan. But now I become more peaceful about my daily life. Even though sometimes I might suffer from unsatisfying or unfair things, I'm always in control and keep hope. I will just wait for some time, because I know there will always be a way.

1 comment:

  1. "What we anticipate seldom occurs; what we least expected generally happens" one more quotation to add yours. (by Benjamin Disraeli, British Prime Minister)

    Just believe it.

    ReplyDelete